Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Introduction to Eternity


Much too soon, the elegant end
arrives - detached, indifferent
to the sounds of panic
A welcoming cloak of finality
about me; mixed feelings swirl
Memories and dreams collapse.
And point
to a black hole in the future
pulling,
pulling,
pulling


And littered at the entrance,
bouquets
of black flowers,
wilting to a dark sun's
reluctant gifts.
Smoky cadavers of the good
and the kind
Trampled and pushed aside
For you see,
in death too, evil wins -
Annihilation is faster.


I shall search for them
in this darkness
Those I had met in the light
A desire mutated,
by comforting solitude.
Then I shall see, I hope
A single sharp unending tone of beauty
cleaving through the clouds
I shall hold on to it
and ride in lonely comfort
into the darkness.

3 comments:

Pincushion said...

..and ride in quiet comfort
into the light..

Amen

Flights Of The Mind said...

Nicely expressed...
All life -
is a growth of the soul
out of the darkness
towards the Light

-Sri Aurobindo
btw
I believe
Death is an adventure too :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, now where have I read this before :-P? Very dark, but lovely.